Fox News maintained its dominant position atop the cable news leaderboard in May, posting its highest-rated month since last November in both Total Viewers and primetime. But despite double digit gains in Total Viewers, the network was down in the A25-54 demo for the month.
The ratings for May, 2013 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 1,973,000 Total Viewers / 308,000 A25-54
- Total Day Mon-Sun): 1,246,000 Total Viewers / 236,000 A25-54
Fox News was the third most-watched network in all of cable in both primetime and Total Day. The network had the top 13 programs in cable news in Total Viewers and the top eight programs in A25-54 viewers.
Compared to the same month last year, Fox News was up +24% in Total Viewers and down -5% in the A25-54 demographic in Total Day. In primetime, the network was up +17% and down -6%, respectively.
Fox News’ primetime shows reflected this trend. Compared to the same month last year, all three programs were up in Total Viewers and down in the A25-54 demographic. “The O’Reilly Factor” was up +11% in Total Viewers and down -11% in the demo, while “Hannity” was up +18% and down -8% and “On the Record With Greta Van Susteren was up +19% and down -5%.
The afternoon programming showed significant gains in Total Viewers: “America Live with Megyn Kelly” was up +37%, “Studio B with Shepard Smith” was up +40%, “Your World with Neil Cavuto” was up +38% and “The Five” was up +45%. Both “America Live” and “The Five” delivered their second highest-rated months ever in Total Viewers.
In the morning, “Fox & Friends” was up +16% in Total Viewers and down -5% in A25-54 viewers.
- The Scoreboard: Wednesday, March 12
- Ratings: Fox News Wins During Breaking News, Cooper Tops O'Reilly in Demo
- Geraldo Rivera Criticizes Media for Covering Ukraine More Than Venezuela
- Bret Baier Pays Tribute to Former 'Special Report' Intern, Professional Soccer Player