MSG Varsity won six New York Emmy Awards Sunday night at the annual New York Emmy Awards Ceremony at The Marriott Marquis Times Square in New York City.
Cablevision’s 24/7 HD television network devoted to all things high school received 32 nominations in its first year of eligibility for Emmy consideration.
“I am thrilled for our entire MSG Varsity team, and just as happy for the students and schools throughout the tri-state area who’ve both allowed us and helped us tell their stories,” said Theresa Chillianis, General Manager, MSG Varsity. “There are so many talented, driven and fascinating students in our area with stories that deserve to be heard and seen, and this recognition by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences is as much about them as it is about our efforts to provide them a spotlight.”
MSG Varsity received New York EmmyÂ® Awards in the following categories:
- POLITICS/GOVERNMENT: PROGRAM FEATURE/SEGMENT - Model UN: Solution for Palestine. March 18, 2010.
- PROMOTION: SPORTS PROMO – All Sports Weekend. June 2, 2010.
- SOCIETAL CONCERNS: PROGRAM FEATURE/SEGMENT – High School Sports Desk: A Woman Among Boys. March 26, 2010.
- TEEN: PROGRAM FEATURE/SEGMENT – Model Congress (Show 3, Segment 1). May 16, 2010.
- TEEN: PROGRAM FEATURE/SEGMENT – Model UN (Show 3, Segment 1). March 18, 2010.
- TEEN: PROGRAM/SPECIAL - MSG “V” Awards. June 13, 2010.
For the complete list of winners, click here.
- Isaac Lee Praises Fusion's 'Comprehensive, Truly Distinct' World Cup Coverage
- CBS News Swings and Misses on Jeter Tweet
- Germany or Argentina? Univision is Another Winner at the World Cup
- Congressman Gets Bumped from MSNBC for LeBron James News