President Barack Obama held a departure news conference in Seoul, South Korea last night at 2:45amET. The tvnewsers were there in full force to talk about trade agreements with South Korea. But which cable news networks took the event live?
MSNBC stayed with its rerun of “Countdown with Keith Olbermann.” CNN opted not to preempt a re-air of “Anderson Cooper 360″ for the press conference either (although CNN International did carry it, which makes the choice not to use that feed an odd one). And HLN stayed with “Showbiz Tonight.” Who does that leave?
The reporters at the news conference and what they asked the president, after the jump…
- CNN’s Dan Lothian asked Obama if he’s willing to accept a provisional extension of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.
- NBC’s Savannah Guthrie asked whether his agreement will be to extend all the Bush tax cuts.
- Dan Lothian asked if the election has weakened him on the global stage.
- ABC News’ Jake Tapper asked the president whether congressional Dems “would benefit from new blood, new leadership.”
- Pres. Obama Calls on 'Big Cheese' Chuck Todd First, In Todd's Last Briefing for NBC News
- C-SPAN Gearing Up for Midterm Elections
- James Foley's Brother: More Could've Been Done 'Directly on Jim's Behalf'
- Did Obama White House Get Initial Insight on Ferguson From Al Sharpton?