TVNewsers prepare for Haiti earthquake anniversary coverage. During the catastrophic event last year, many tvnewsers went themselves to see what was really going on in Haiti first-hand.
- Fox News Channel is sending Steve Harrigan — who was there last year for the hurricane’s aftermath — back to Haiti. Harrigan will do live reports and packages across the FNC platforms beginning on Monday and throughout the week. He will report on numerous stories — including the state of Haiti and the cholera outbreak.
- CNN’s Sanjay Gupta, Anderson Cooper and Gary Tuchman will be reporting from Haiti.
- MSNBC contributor and Senior Correspondent Jeff Johnson will be doing reports from Haiti.
- NBC News is sending Ann Curry to Haiti for a “Dateline” special, which will air on Sunday, Jan. 9 at 7pmET. Lester Holt will report live from Haiti on Wednesday, Jan. 12 — on “TODAY,” “Nightly News,” and other NBC News platforms.
- ABC’s Dan Harris will return to Port-Au-Prince this weekend. Harris will report on international aid and donations that have been distributed to date. Then Harris will visit with many of the Haitians he met when he reported on the quake last January. Also, “Nightline” co-anchor Terry Moran will travel to Haiti with Christian evangelist and missionary Franklin Graham and his aid group Samaritan’s Purse this weekend to report on the inner workings of a major relief organization.
- The “CBS Evening News with Katie Couric” will begin coverage on Tuesday, Jan. 11, which will include the following reports: “Haiti: One Year Later,” “The Children of Haiti,” “Haitian Orphans in America,” “Reuniting with Pierre LaRousse,” and Bill Whitaker will report on an inspiring Haitian soccer team.
- “PBS Newshour” senior correspondent Jeffrey Brown will report from Port-au-Prince on the recovery in a 5-part series that will air from Friday, January 7 to Friday, January 14, 2011
- Six of 10 Highest Paid CEOs are in Media
- Courtney Friel Hit On During Live Shot
- Snoop Dogg Might Be One of Larry King's 'Main Men,' but Donald Sterling Isn't
- The Best/Worst Valentine's for TV News Ladies