Welcome to Copywriting Fundamentals
Good copy is the backbone of all effective communications—copywriters are the geniuses behind the headlines and social posts that get you to pause, read and take action. From social media to landing pages, pitches to sales emails, learn the foundations of crafting powerful copy that can be applied to all communication platforms.
This course will teach you how to develop and maintain an authentic brand voice that is the hallmark of good brand writing. Learn how to apply the mechanics of language to drive your audience to click, share and convert.
Skills You Will Learn
The characteristics of copy in different platforms and how to write for each—digital, print, outdoor, social and email
How to write compelling headlines, taglines and short-form copy
Three Cs of Copywriting—Clear, Consistent, Concise
10 winning techniques that the best copywriters use and how/when to use them
Grammar brush-up: using punctuation, sentence structure and word choice to your advantage
Create essentials of a brand identity for better copy: brand persona, voice and ideal customer audience
Collaborate with marketing and design for a successful project every time
Leverage your copywriting skills to advance your career
- Lesson 1: What is Copywriting, Anyway?
- Lesson 2: Subheads & Subject Lines & Taglines, Oh My!
- Lesson 3: The Real Estate of Copy
Session 2: Know Thy Audience
- Lesson 1: The Basics of Branding
- Lesson 2: Finding Your Brand Voice
- Lesson 3: Winning Over Customers
The Art of Copywriting
- Lesson 1: Clear, Consistent & Clean – The 3 C’s of Copy
- Lesson 2: Hyphens, Hyperbole & The Power of Words
- Lesson 3: Crafting Catchy Copy
Practical Tips & Tricks
- Lesson 1: When Inspiration Strikes…or Doesn’t
- Lesson 2: Test, Learn and Test Again!
- Lesson 3: Success As a Copywriter