One of the simplest ways to ensure social media success is to examine what’s been done before, with an eye to what worked and what didn’t – and why.
To that end, social customer service platform Conversocial has assembled a great report breaking down the social holiday activity of ten major retailers from 2012 to make 2013 a success story.
The report analyzes more than 200,000 Twitter mentions that 10 major retailers received during
the 2012 holiday period (November 15-January 1).
- Retailers received twice the average daily volume of tweets over the holiday period compared to October
- The biggest surge in volume of tweets was for the 7 days following Cyber Monday, with five times more than the average daily volume of October
- There was also a surge following Christmas, with a big spike in tweets signaling customer dissatisfaction, customer satisfaction, sales, events and promotions
- After dissatisfaction, tweets signaling customer satisfaction were the second biggest category in the report. So if you mess up, there’s ample opportunity to turn a ranter into a raver.
Download the full report from Conversocial to dig into the holiday 2012 Twitter performance of major retailers like Barney’s, Macy’s, Saks, Walmart, Target, Nordstrom and more.
How are you preparing for the Christmas boom on Twitter this year?
- Just 1 In 10 UK Consumers Use Social Media Sites For Researching Purchases [STUDY]
- 70% Of Brands Response To Customer Complaints On Social Media Within 24 Hours [STUDY]
- Two-Thirds Of UK Twitter Users Follow A Newspaper Brand
- Just 45% Of Brands Have Policy For Dealing With Customer Complaints On Social Media [STUDY]