AddThis, the bookmark and social sharing service used by 10 million websites reaching 1.2 billion people every month, are celebrating their fifth birthday, and the company has delved deep into their analytics database to unveil what they’ve learned about online sharing over the past half-decade with a fantastic infographic.
Key takeaways include:
- Twitter is the all-time champion of sharing, with growth of some 35,356% over the last five years, leading Facebook (5,809%) and LinkedIn (3,226%)
- Over the past year, Facebook’s Send button has seen growth of 756%, beating Tumblr (532%) and Google’s +1 button (418%)
- The peak hour for sharing each day is 9.30am EST (Wednesday is the peak day)
- Most users click 2 minutes after content is shared
- The bulk of sharing takes place via copy and paste
- Twitter's User Growth is The Lowest it's Ever Been
- Can Twitter Reach 300 Million Active Users Before 2015?
- Facebook: 22.36% of Social Referrals in September (Pinterest: 5.52%, Twitter: 0.88%)
- The 13 Most Popular Social Networks (By Age Group)