Social media has revolutionised many industries but it’s had a particularly big impact on the world of seminars and conferences, with platforms such as Twitter and Facebook playing an increasingly important role in all aspects of event planning, from organisation and promotion through to the day(s) of the event itself – and beyond, via the use of video and presentations, all of which can (and should) continued be shared and promoted on and through social media.
Event planners can use social media to:
1. Organise the event by providing an easy way for people to RSVP on attendance, involve attendees in the organisation process and find suppliers
2. Promote the event by creating event listings, integrating social media with registration and using hashtags
3. Enhance the live experience of the event through the use of prizes, live streaming, hashtags and check-ins
4. Extend the lifetime value of the event with videos, shared presentations, photos and more
Check the infographic below for a detailed overview of the four key ways that social media can be used to promote your event.
- Social Media Experts Lead Interactive Online Event
- Twitter And The Future Of Social TV
- AllTwitter Marketing Conference Starts Tomorrow: Register Now And Save!
- Insider's Guide To AllTwitter Marketing Conference, June 4, San Francisco