Social channels such as Twitter and Facebook have revolutionized the way that brands and marketers engage with customers and drive awareness and sales, and the travel industry has adopted and benefited from this new wave of technology and opportunity as well as anybody else.
This infographic from EyeforTravel (made in association with Simpliflying) looks at the ways that travel brands are using social media to achieve a high return on investment.
- Most travel companies are now spending 25% or more of their marketing budget on social media
- 61% say they will increase social media spend in the next quarter
- Travel marketers found that using social media reduced PR costs by 24%
- Interaction, Influence And Traffic Rated Top Engagement Goals For Digital Marketers [STUDY]
- Half Of Content Marketers Believe Social Media Is Their Most Effective Business Strategy [STUDY]
- How To Integrate Social Media Into Big Events [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Year Of The Social Small Business [INFOGRAPHIC]