If you haven’t updated your profile cover photo yet on Twitter, you’ll benefit from reviewing a few tips on the topic first (trust us).
The update leaves much to be desired as it places your profile pic smack dab in the center of whatever cover image you choose to showcase. And the white, stock lettering doesn’t help.
Galley Cat shared some tips for writers and publishing professionals to improve their profiles that take advantage of these new updates – and we think you’ll find them helpful too!
1. Upload a new header photo. This photo is much larger than your traditional photo, it has minimum dimensions of 1252×626. The file cannot be larger than 5MB. Twitter explained: ” the same image will appear whenever anyone views your profile on the web or these apps. You can upload your header photo, which appears above your Tweets, to express yourself instantly, anywhere.”
2. Edit your photo stream carefully. This collection of photos from your tweets will now be more visible and more people will explore it. Here’s more: “Photo streams now appear below anyone’s most recent Tweets on iPhone, Android and iPad. Swipe through the stream to see the photos other users have shared or tap any thumbnail to view their photos in fullscreen. ”
3. Upload a background photo. Twitter explained: “While the header photo keeps your profile simple and consistent on iPhone, iPad and Android, you will also still have an additional photo – a background photo – on twitter.com. Upload a background image to complement your header and profile photos.”
4. Explore examples of updated Twitter pages. If you want examples of personal pages, check out updated Twitter pages for celebrities like Al Roker, Ryan Seacrest and SavannahGuthrie. For organizations, Twitter highlighted the Breaking News page and the TODAY Show page.
Have you updated your page? Post a link in the comments and show off your stuff!
(Self portrait image from Shutterstock)
- The 7 Elements of an Optimized Twitter Profile [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Twitter Ads Now Available in 11 New Countries, Including Italy, Mexico, Belgium and the Netherlands
- LeadSift Lets You Target Consumers on Twitter With Facebook-Like Precision [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Twitter Ads Launch in 12 New Markets, Including Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Ukraine