Welcome to Fundamentals of Public Relations
Learn the core principles of public relations so you can kick start a career in the world of communication. From creating press releases to media alerts, best practices for using social media and how to navigate crisis situations for your brand, this course gives you the full overview of what a PR pro does.
Skills You Will Learn
Write press releases, media alerts and other media materials
Proactive approaches to earn media coverage
Utilize social media for PR, and tips to optimize content and engage audiences
Anticipate and mitigate potential PR crises, and create strategy for reacting to a PR crisis
How to start out or make a transition to a PR career
What is PR and How Does it Work?
- Lesson 1: Overview of PR Today
- Lesson 2: Why Organizations Need PR
- Lesson 3: What do PR People Actually Do, Anyway?
- Lesson 4: 7 Steps to Building a PR Plan
Tools to Put PR Into Action
- Lesson 1: Proactive Approach to Earn Media Coverage
- Lesson 2: Write for PR: Press Releases, Media Alerts and More
- Lesson 3: How to Use Social Media for PR
- Lesson 4: Plan For and Prevent a PR Crisis