@YouTube remains the top, most-followed brand on Twitter, with its close to 38 million followers placing it well ahead of all other brands, including the official @Twitter profile.
Indeed, @Twitter isn’t even second on its own network – that space has long been reserved for @Instagram, although both are some distance behind @YouTube. There’s also quite a divide between Twitter’s top three and fourth-placed @cnnbrk. Social media profiles continue to dominate Twitter, accounting for six of the first seven spots.
In other news, @cnn and @UberSoc have swapped places at 7th and 8th respectively, @Google moves up a spot to 17th and @SamsungMobile has gained more than half a million followers in a month.
The Top 20 Brands On Twitter
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 37,840,753 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 30,071,203)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 28,066,109)
4. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 14,973,661)
5. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 13,610,803)
6. Facebook (@Facebook, 13,317,693)
7. CNN (@cnn, 11,364,101)
8. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 11,174,452)
9. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 10,843,184)
10. The New York Times (@nytimes, 10,523,904)
11. MTV (@MTV, 10,293,986)
12. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 9,799,100)
13. TwitPic (@twitpic, 9,036,642)
14. NBA (@NBA, 8,981,224)
15. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 8,329,858)
16. ESPN (@espn, 8,184,603)
17. A Googler (@google, 7,811,974)
18. Funny Or Die (@funnyordie, 7,722,558)
19. Ramalan Indonesia (@TweetRAMALAN, 7,657,533)
20. Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile, 7,095,640)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- Twitter's User Growth is The Lowest it's Ever Been
- Can Twitter Reach 300 Million Active Users Before 2015?
- Facebook: 22.36% of Social Referrals in September (Pinterest: 5.52%, Twitter: 0.88%)
- The 13 Most Popular Social Networks (By Age Group)