@YouTube remains the top, most-followed brand on Twitter, with its 40+ million followers placing it well ahead of all other brands, including the official @Twitter profile.
Indeed, @Twitter isn’t even second on its own network – that space has long been reserved for @Instagram, although both are some distance behind @YouTube. There’s also quite a divide between Twitter’s top three and fourth-placed @cnnbrk. Social media profiles continue to dominate Twitter, accounting for six of the first seven spots.
Meanwhile, @TwitPic continues to lose followers month-on-month, dropping about 8K in February, while @vineapp moves into Twitter’s top 20 for the first time, jumping straight into 17th place.
The Top 20 Brands On Twitter
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 40,005,951 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 31,097,695)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 29,173,439)
4. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 15,751,138)
5. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 13,747,874)
6. Facebook (@Facebook, 13,546,136)
7. CNN (@cnn, 11,986,894)
8. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 11,289,804)
9. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 11,187,818)
10. The New York Times (@nytimes, 11,135,252)
11. MTV (@MTV, 10,514,420)
12. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 10,289,633)
13. NBA (@NBA, 9,476,627)
14. TwitPic (@twitpic, 9,008,142)
15. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 8,961,226)
16. ESPN (@espn, 8,919,761)
17. Vine (@vineapp, 8,905,605)
18. A Googler (@google, 8,096,442)
19. Ramalan Indonesia (@TweetRAMALAN, 8,032,292)
20. Funny Or Die (@funnyordie, 7,847,148)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- U.S. Social Commerce - Statistics & Trends [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Who Follows the Most People on Twitter?
- Women Are Vastly Underrepresented in Silicon Valley Tech Jobs (Just 10% at Twitter)
- 75 Percent of Moms Say They Won't Use Social Media for Back-To-School Shopping