Music megastar Lady Gaga has become the first Twitter user to reach 25 million followers on the network, passing the total late yesterday (Wednesday, May 30th).
All-told, it took Gaga just 88 days to move from 20 to 25 million followers.
At her current speed Gaga should have added another million to her tally by mid-to-late June, and is on track for 30 million followers by September 9, 2012.
Gaga has widened the gap between her and Twitter’s second-most popular user, Justin Bieber, and is now some 2.5 million ahead. Katy Perry recently joined Gaga and Bieber as the only users with more than 20 million followers.
At the time of writing, Twitter’s 20 most-popular profiles are:
- Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 25,006,539 followers)
- Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 22,575,046)
- Katy Perry (@katyperry, 20,422,224)
- Rihanna (@rihanna, 19,750,885)
- Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 17,200,709)
- Shakira (@shakira, 16,285,546)
- Barack Obama (@barackobama, 16,061,732)
- Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian, 14,810,517)
- Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 14,537,336)
- YouTube (@YouTube, 13,137,996)
- Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj, 12,244,940)
- Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah, 11,683,849)
- Selena Gomez (@selenagomez, 11,581,143)
- Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 11,514,736)
- Ellen Degeneres (@theellenshow, 11,481,162)
- Eminem (@eminem, 10,908,444)
- Kaka (@kaka, 10,897,999)
- Ashton Kutcher (@aplusk, 10,813,209)
- Twitter (@twitter, 10,652,287)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano, 10,074,179)
(Chart credit: Twitter Counter.)
- Ellen's Oscar Selfie Is Now A Piece Of Art At Twitter HQ
- George Clooney: I Don't Tweet Because I Like To Have A Drink At Night
- Celebrities And Fans Pay Tribute To Uncle Phil On Twitter
- Justin Bieber Announces Retirement On Christmas Eve Via Twitter