|Back to Home > Events > Media Events > Strengthening the Aged Care Workforce - Melbourne|
Strengthening the Aged Care Workforce - Melbourne
Aug 21, 2013 to Aug 22, 2013
|Location||113 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC, Australia
|Details||This conference will explore the current workforce pressures and future needs of the aged care workforce. It will highlight strategies for attracting, retaining and increasing capacity within your workforce. The focus will be on meeting future demands of complex consumer needs, consumer directed care and an ageing population.
It is essential to understand the needs of the changing aged care workforce environment as the number of people receiving aged care services is expected to increase by about 250 per cent over the next 40 years. 3.5 million people are expected to use aged care services by 2049-50. This growth will need to be matched by a growth in the workforce.
This conference will address how to:
- Meet a changing industry landscape
- Develop a flexible and innovative workforce
- How to adjust and develop staff capacity for culturally appropriate care
- How to retain staff through development
- Prepare your workforce for consumer directed care