If you follow Slate’s Matt Yglesias on Twitter, you have seen his relentless tweets about his new book, “The Rent is Too Damn High.” It’s an e-book available online. As soon as it hit Amazon yesterday, Yglesias found himself facing the wrath of the legacy of Andrew Breitbart. On Thursday of last week, when Breitbart passed away, Yglesias tweeted “”Conventions around dead people are ridiculous. The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBrietbart dead.” There was an uproar over his comments, but the anger seemed to cool off as we started a new week. But, not so fast. HuffPost reports that reviewers are leaving scathing reviews of the book. Here are some of our favorite quotes:
- Same ol’ same ol’. Please for the love of your god, get some new material.
- The world outlook is slightly improved with giving this book 1 star.
- If you purchase this book, you’ll be putting money in the pocked of a ghoul who revels in the deaths of people he disagrees with politically. Of course, if this is your intention, you’re no better than he.
- I’m sure Matty meant well, but unless you want to read a frustrated, confused teenager’s journal about his latent homosexuality, I’d go ahead and skip this drivel.
- None of Matt Yglesias’ opponents would be glad if he died.
- Andrew Breitbart passed away leaving a wife and 4 small children. You said “The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBrietbart [sic] dead.”
Very nicely done. I’m sure Andrew’s wife and kids are consoled by your concern.
So it seems that even in death, Breitbart still throws a mean punch… Yglesias clearly noticed the hate for his book. Earlier today, he tweeted the following.
— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) March 7, 2012
- Vice to Partner with OurTime to Push Voter Registration
- A Toast for Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand on Recent Publication of Off the Sidelines
- POLITICO Names 2 Promotions to Executive Leadership Team, Hints at More Expansion
- Arianna Huffington to Staff: 'In August we reached 115 million global unique visitors'