Posts Tagged ‘Angela Bassett’
To say thank you for a great year, we’re offering 15% OFF any boot camp, in-person course, or online course when you use code MBTHANKU. Choose from any of our exciting upcoming courses, from a novel writing class taught by an accomplished author, to an intro course for Excel. Hurry – offer expires 12/24! Browse our upcoming courses.
What has the world come to when the only awards news around in Hollywood is the Screen Actors Guild announcing its date for nominations, of all things, for its annual awards?
The date for these SAG Awards nominations,last checked, should still be Dec. 18 at the Pacific Design Center.
The awards will be given out to all the hungry actors at the Shrine Auditorium on Jan. 25, 2009.
As Fashion Correspondent for E! Networks The Daily 10, Amanda Luttrell-Garrigas is not only a disher, she’s a dish. You’d think Viacom would give her a series. Until then, she answered our kinda new and semi-improved questions.
1. What’s the first thing(s) you read in the morning? My emails then nytimes.com
2. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure website? People.com
3. What job do you fantasize about having? The one I have only more of it.
4. Last movie you saw? Shampoo
5. Last book you read? Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
6. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. I’ve had many, Leonardo DiCaprio who is wonderful and Kate Bosworth who is lovely, Cate Blanchett who is so elegant and radiant, but Tom Hanks tops my list. We crossed paths on the shuttle bus to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation carnival. He is a force of nature.
7. Proudest media moment? I’m working on it.
8. Ever had a brush with the law? Describe. Nope. I’m the good girl.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Intrepid Lavinia Shenkunde of the African plains and Irish Moors
10. What does your TiVo think about you? It thinks I love football… hmmm maybe it thinks I’m my husband…
11. Character of fiction you most resemble? It changes depending on the day, perhaps Tatyana Larina from Eugene Onegin
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? I do. Or Angela Bassett
13. What’s your ringtone? Marimba
14. Favorite electronic device? iPhone
15. What do your friends say is your best quality? kindness
16. What do your enemies say is your worst? kindness
17.What natural talent do you wish you had? A more flexible body
18. What’s your theme song? It changes depending on the day. Today it is the theme song from Star Wars. Nobody does it like John Williams, except maybe Alexandre Desplat
19. Do you believe in love at first sight? No. But I am a romantic.
20. When’s the last time you volunteered? Where? This morning at my daughter’s school.
FBLA 20 Questions
The Hollywood Walk of Fame continues to astound. In 2008, these folks will kneel down on the nicely swept sidewalk for the cameras:
Angela Bassett, Cate Blanchett, Stan Lee, The Munchkins, Tim Robbins and The Westmores of Hollywood
The Munchkins were played by Singer’s Midgets. Fictional characters have been honored before.