Here’s the Top 5 countdown of your picks for New York’s All-Time Anchor Team.
5. Rolland Smith and Jim Jensen — 4 percent of the vote. (1975 to 1987)
4. Smith and Michele Marsh — 7 percent (1979 to 1987)
2. Roger Grimsby and Bill Beutel — 26 percent (1970 to 1986)
and at number 1….was there really any surprise?
“It’s been an extraordinary privilege sharing an anchor desk with Sue Simmons for over three decades serving our viewers in the metropolitan area,” Scarborough tells FishbowlNY. ”Being chosen as their all-time favorite anchor team is both humbling and heartwarming.”
Chuck and Sue began their march toward immortality when they first sat side by side in 1980. They have been on the air longer than any other anchor team in New York City history.
- Pope Francis Named Time Person of The Year
- Jeff Bezos Named I Want Media's 'Media Person of The Year'
- David Remnick Joins NBC's Olympic Coverage
- The Internet is Alive with the Sound of Angry #SOML Fans