Merely a few days ago, A.J. Clemente’s debut in his new job as a news anchor went foul as he blurted obscenities on-air. Well, he’s now appearing in the very same medium which gave him the boot. Yesterday morning he appeared on Today and last night he visited The Late Show With David Letterman.
The late night host ended up rallying for the rookie to get his job back but also leveraged the evening’s top 10 list to poke fun at Clemente’s foul first day on the job.
Top Ten Signs Your First Day As A News Anchor Didn’t Go Well
10. Well, you’re wearing two neckties
9. Kept mispronouncing your own name
8. Weatherman tells you to expect an 80% chance of unemployment
7. Your tearful, on-air admission of falsifying your resume
6. Referring to Kim Jong Un as “Our great and powerful leader”
5. No one appreciated your Walter Conkite impression
4. Last story of the broadcast announced a job opening for a news anchor
3. Received congratulatory phone call from Sue Simmons
2. Kept dropping your pants and yelling “This just in!”
1. Aspired to be the next Ernie Anastos
Letterman reassured Clemente,“I’m telling you, this is nothing. People who have been in the business for decades have had this happen to them — some even knowing they were on camera have done things like this. You, my friend, have nothing to worry about.”
Clemente said, “I’ve thought about it, but if, you know, ESPN comes knocking…”
Leave it to Letterman to keep things in perspective: “Look, I’m trying to get you the job back in Bismarck. Forget about ESPN, that ain’t gonna happen!”
- Survey Reveals Job Hopping Stigma No Longer Exists
- Could You Imagine Zip Lining to Work? Meet One Village in China
- Jobless Claims Drop; Economists Rejoice
- Relationship & Tension With Cuba Lessens But How Will That Impact Journalists?