Punk Rock HR has joined the RecruitingBlogs.com family as of yesterday. This puts HR blogger (“and media personality”) Laurie Ruettimann‘s blog up there with Recruiting-Jobs.com, HashJobs.com, RecruitingConferences.com, RecruitFest.com, RecruitingTools.com and JobBoarders.com.
She answered some questions on her blog today:
* What does this mean for me? Well, I get paid to write. Scrubby eats better.
* What does this mean for my blog? I have a sales and marketing team. I have infrastructure, baby. If you want to advertise on my blog, you have to talk to my people.
* What does this mean for you? Not a thing. In fact, it means that I will have more time to write since I’m not focused on hustling for ad revenue. I will stay focused on career issues, HR advice, and other random stuff like cats, celebrity gossip, and politics.
May we add that this is also a great new-media success story?
Release after the jump.
RecruitingBlogs.com adds PunkRockHR.com to the Family
RecruitingBlogs.com, the social network for recruiting and HR professionals, recently purchased PunkRockHR.com for an undisclosed amount.
10.18.2009 â€“ Punk Rock HR, run by HR blogger and media personality Laurie Ruettimann, is one of the most highly regarded and simultaneously irreverent blogs in the Human Resources field. While some of the content will be shared within the RecruitingBlogs.com community, Davis says the goal is to support Ruettimann as she continues to build her brand and that of PunkRockHR. “I’ve watched Laurie grow the Punk Rock HR brand over the past couple of years and it’s fascinating to me how well she’s done it,” said Jason Davis, CEO of RecruitingBlogs.com. “We’re not looking to change Punk Rock HR or move it away from what Laurie has built. It’s fantastic.”
Ruettimann will continue to post daily on PunkRockHR.com. “I began writing Punk Rock HR in 2007 as a way to think about careers, jobs, and Human Resources. I’m so excited about the future. Partnering with Recruiting Blogs means that the conversation I have with my readers will continue to evolve & expand in new directions.”
Listed as one of the Top 5 career advice websites by CareerBuilder and CNN, Laurie is a full-time Human Resources speaker and writer who advocates for a common sense approach to traditional employment practices. Ruettimann’s career advice has been featured in various publications such as The New York Times, US News & World Report, CFO Magazine, The Conference Board Review, and Men’s Health. Her work has also been featured on The Suicide Girls, AOL, and Lemondrop websites. Laurie is also the founder of HR Bloggers and is the co-founder of HRM Today, the first social network for HR professionals.
RecruitingBlogs.com is a community for Recruiters and HR Professionals established in 2006. As of this writing, the network has nearly 20,000 members. RecruitingBlogs.com also runs recruiting related sites: Recruiting-jobs.com, HashJobs.com, RecruitingConferences.com, RecruiterBooks, RecruitFest.com, RecruitingTools.com and JobBoarders.com (with ERE Media).
- How One Working Mom Finds Work/Life Balance
- Journalism Student Defends Major: 'We're Headed Into an Industry That is Alive and Kicking'
- Disgruntled Employee Resigns by Posting Interpretive Dance Video & Gets Five Million Page Views!
- Editor-in-Chief of 'More' Dishes About Fearlessness & Versatility at WiCi Awards