Need a boost on hump day? Look no further.
Posts Tagged ‘Joe Torre’
Land your next big gig! Join us on Janaury 27 at the Altman Building in New York City for an incredible opportunity to meet with hiring managers from the top New York media companies, network with other professionals and industry leaders, and land your next job. Register now!
Here in New York City it’s been a major love fest for beloved Yankee, our captain Derek Jeter.
While all eyes are focused on accolades and wrapping up his baseball career, he’s already launched his very own children’s imprint at Simon & Schuster. The first book, The Contract, was released yesterday.
We were avoiding writing a trite “lessons learned from Derek Jeter’s career” blog post featuring tenacity, respect, dignity and class (yes, we’re die-hard fans but wanted to avoid that type of potentially cringeworthy post) but after hearing about the imprint, Jeter Publishing, in New York magazine we simply have to highlight ways we can learn from his career management. Read more
Sarah Palin: Better Boss Than Zuckerberg | How Many Print Reporters Are Left In Honolulu? | More Stuff That Happened Yesterday
A surprising poll finds that people would rather have Sarah Palin as their boss than Mark Zuckerberg. Actually, Zuck came in near last, beating just Simon Cowell, Joe Torre and BP’s former CEO, Tony Hayward. Yikes.
- People Would Rather Work For Sarah Palin Than Mark Zuckerberg (via Silicon Alley Insider)
- How Many Print Reporters are Left in Honolulu? (via Extra! Extra!)
- Michael Carroll Named Budget Travel Publisher (via MinOnline :: Breaking News & Views)
- Wanted: A Kickass Web Designer To Join The Business Insider Team! (via Silicon Alley Insider)
- So Long, Chicago: Roland Martin Heads to DC (via TVNewser)