As you look to step on higher rung in your career ladder, never fear! According to a piece in U.S. News & World Report, there are a few ways to wire yourslf to become a good leader.
1. You’re a level-headed strategist. In the piece, Andrew Graham, president and CEO of Forum Corp., indicates if you’re good at thinking the big picture to not only create strategies but execute them, you’re well on your way. “Since strategy is a basic building block of solid leadership, mastering this skill will easily help you keep the big picture in mind.”
2. You learn from your mistakes. Okay, we all make mistakes but it’s one thing to brush them off and another to look at them and learn. In the piece he points out, “Good leaders also accept that their employees make mistakes. Rather than berate them, they help their staff understand why they were made, and help them find the best course of action from that mistake.”
3. You are a connector. Got connections? Strong leaders are well-connected and not only create strong networks with people, they work diligently to maintain them. “Strong connector skills also mean that as a leader you can create relationships and connect people. This makes it easier when managing a team to create harmony and efficiency among your staff.”
- In Celebration of International Women's Day, New Survey Outlines Insight to Succeed in the Workplace
- Department of Labor's Monthly Jobs Report Reveals Decent News
- Per New Survey, Execs Give March Madness Morale Two Thumbs Up
- 'Undercover Boss' Flips Premise to Feature Undercover Employees