Another busy day for media moves. Here’s the 30-second roundup:
- The Washington Post is adding a blog to cover Republicans from a conservative perspective. WaPo’s hired Jennifer Rubin, contributing editor and chief blogger for Commentary Magazine. (FBDC)
- Todd Wasserman is leaving Brandweek to become Mashable‘s business and marketing editor. We imagine that Wasserman, with his 11.5 years at Brandweek and 20 years in the biz overall, is a real coup for Mashable. (FBNY)
- And now some bad news: poetry publisher Forward Press has closed, laying off its entire 100-person staff. The publisher will enter liquidation next week in order to pay its debts. (GalleyCat)
- The editor of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Tom Callinan, has announced his retirement effective Jan. 1, 2011. He’s served as editor of the Enquirer for the past eight years. (Enquirer)
- Dyllan McGee Explains: 'Explosion of Platform is an Explosion of Opportunity'
- Bestselling Author J. Courtney Sullivan Talks About Writing
- Megyn Kelly's Career Advice: 'When the Opportunity Comes Along to Grow, Seize It'
- How Alle Fister Turned a Customer Comment Into a Career