Among today’s games of Media Musical Chairs:
- The ranks are thinning at the Tribune Co. in the wake of former president Randy Michaels’ departure. Reportedly exiting are Tribune Interactive president Marc Chase, senior vice president and chief operating officer Jeff Kapugi and executive vice president Carolyn Gilbert, among others. (Via FishbowlNY.)
- Talking Biz News reports that the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a new business editor, Brian Thevenot. He formerly served as managing editor of The Texas Tribune and also worked for more than a decade at the New Orleans Times-Picayune, where he contributed to Pulitzer-winning coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
- Fran Farrell, who previously served as publisher of several titles, has been named president of Turnstile Publishing, reports minOnline. Turnstile oversees publications including Golfweek/Golfweek Custom Media, Art Calendar and The Art Wire. Turnstile’s previous chief was Clayton Morris.
- How Hamish Hamilton Prepares for Live Events: 'I've Learned How To Control My Energy'
- ABC's Jonathan Karl Talks About Covering a Tough Beat Like The White House
- Alex Trebek & Deborah Norville Share Insight for Career Climbers at Hall of Fame Awards
- What's Next for Scott Moore After Working for Deepak and Oprah