With the new Fall television season only a few weeks away, the networks are beginning to roll out their offbeat promotions for new shows. In the past, CBS has put ads on egg shells in supermarkets, while Fox promoted “Fringe” by herding cows through midtown Manhattan. Now, ABC is taking its ad campaign to the ballpark.
To promote its upcoming superhero series “No Ordinary Family,” ABC will be taking over the jumbo-tron in selected baseball parks over the next couple of weeks. Five teams are on board to have a “No Ordinary Family” Fam-Cam in between innings.
Just like the “kiss-cam” ballpark visitors know and love (or loathe?) the fam-cam will look out for families going to the game together, and will prominently feature “No Ordinary Family” branding.
So which teams are participating?
- Houston Astros, Minute Maid Ballpark – September 9-19
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Angel Stadium – September 9-26
- Detroit Tigers, Comerica Park – September 9-26
- New York Mets, CitiField – September 10-19
- Chicago White Sox, US Cellular Field – September 10-19
Now you know which ballparks to go to… or avoid. Your preference.
- James Brown on Anchoring 'CBS Evening News': 'I Forgot How All-Encompassing It Is'
- Stephen A. Smith Doesn't 'Give a Damn' When He's Criticized
- Hardcore Pawn Stars on Why People Like to Watch Pawn Shows
- Isaac Lee Praises Fusion's 'Comprehensive, Truly Distinct' World Cup Coverage