As we were live blogging the Michael Jackson memorial service it got us thinking about the next big live news event – the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, which begins Monday.
So far, here’s what you can expect: the cable news channels are planning on taking the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in full beginning Monday at 10am.
The broadcast networks are still deciding, but expect the hearing to be streamed on CBSNews.com and ABCNews.com. PBS has already announced it will provide live coverage anchored by
• On Fox News, Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly will anchor coverage with panelists Brit Hume, Greta Van Susteren and Juan Williams. Baier and Kelly will also host a special Sunday night at 8pmET on the Sotomayor nomination.
• On CNN, Wolf Blitzer will anchor special coverage beginning Monday at 10amET. Blitzer will be joined by members of the Best Political Team on Television including senior political analyst Gloria Borger, senior political correspondent Candy Crowley, chief national correspondent John King, senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, and national political correspondent Jessica Yellin
Monday’s hearing is expected to include statements from each of the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and possibly Sotomayor’s opening statement. The hearings will continue for several days with questions and answers followed by testimony from other witnesses.
- Glenn Beck is the New Walt Disney
- ‘Nightcrawler’ Explores Strange World of Overnight TV News Stringers
- Arise News Comes to SSN TV
- This Week's TV News, From Instagram