In the final part of our MediaBeat interview with Bill Weir, the ABC News anchor talks about his early days as a sports anchor for several local news stations. One of those stints was in Green Bay, Wisconsin where now-legendary quarterback Brett Favre had just been traded. Weir: “‘If you think he’s wild and crazy now, imagine when he was 24.”
Head over to SportsNewser to see the interview, including rare footage from the show Weir hosted and Favre guested.
- Part I: Monday — ABC News ‘Getting Leaner & Meaner by Necessity’
- Part II: Yesterday — From ‘Smart Ass’ Sports Guy to ABC News Anchor
- ABC's 'This Week' Moving Out of the Newseum, Al Jazeera America Moving In
- Broadcasters Plan Extended Evening Newscasts, Special Coverage Of Tornado Aftermath
- Memorable Moments From This Morning's Tornado Coverage
- Robin Roberts Gets Standing Ovation at Peabody Awards