CNN’s documentary, “Black in America: The Black Woman and Family,” premiered to huge numbers last night, as the number one program on cable news in the A25-54 demo (966,000 viewers). In second place was the 11pmET Anderson Cooper 360 (642,000) following the special, and in third place was FNC’s The O’Reilly Factor (479,000).
In Total Viewers, FNC’s The O’Reilly Factor was #1 (2,562,000) and Black in America finished in second place (2,128,000) in all of cable news. The special won the 9pmET and 10pmET hour in both categories.
CNN was up 64% in Total Viewers and 124% in the demo compared to last year.
The second part, Black in America: The Black Man, airs tonight from 9-11pmET.
• Earlier: TVNewser attends the Black in America screening last week.
- Don Lemon Hip Hop Artist Interview Devolves Into Media Debate, Claims of Anchor Disrespect
- Protestor Interrupts Anderson Cooper's Interview with Trayvon Martin's Mother
- CNN Removes iReport Saying Missouri Patrol Captain is Gang Member
- Are TV News Anchors Blurring the Line Between Reporting and Opinion in Ferguson?