• Salon‘s Glenn Greenwald: “This decision by MSNBC is as alarming as it is illustrative. They just implicitly chided and overtly demoted their most popular and valuable news personality because the White House, the McCain campaign and the Right demanded that they do so.”
• Talk Left‘s Jeralyn Merritt: “Keith Olbermann is a professional, he is not a hack. It’s that he’s a professional talk show host, not journalist and he shouldn’t be put in an anchor chair at a live news event that demands objectivity. That chair deserves a Wolf Blitzer or a Tom Brokaw, not a Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, Alan Colmes, Geraldo, Greta, Olbermann or Matthews. (Although I can see Greta growing into that role as she can do both.)”
- MSNBC's Al Sharpton Immersed in Ferguson News, Draws Criticism from Megyn Kelly
- Ed Henry Asks White House About Al Sharpton's Taxes
- Critic: Cable News Walking Fine Line Between Coverage and 'Inciting Violent Mood'
- Rachel Racusen Leaves White House for MSNBC