On some fundamental level, they need to talk to our viewers. We have by the far the biggest group of undecided voters watching CNN. And whichever candidate wants to try to woo the undecideds, they should get on our air. So it’s both frustrating and I think it’s counterproductive for them not to be on our air frequently. God knows they buy enough commercial time. But you want them on when [we] can ask them questions.
They may not like us for any particular reason. But I think they want to talk to our viewers.
Guthrie’s interview comes on the news that McCain will be a guest on The Situation Room Wednesday, without Palin.
• Earlier: Larry King Wants McCain to Make Good on Palin…
- Kate Bolduan Stops by CNN With Baby Cecelia
- The Revolving Door: Frucci, Moody, Auriemma
- Greta Van Susteren Slams Stelter's Comments on Layoffs: 'Are You Kidding? That's Cold'
- CNN's Brian Stelter Addresses Network's Layoffs: 'Better Word...Is Reshaping'