President Barack Obama is set to hold a news conference at 2:20pmET to discuss the deal to extend the Bush tax cuts. Obama will speak shortly after Vice President Joe Biden proposes the tax cuts to Senate Democrats at a caucus meeting on Capitol Hill. And, sorry soaps fans, the broadcasters will be carrying the newser.
- ABC News’ Diane Sawyer will anchor the special report and will be joined by George Stephanopoulos and Jake Tapper at the White House.
- CBS News’ Jeff Glor will anchor with correspondent Bill Plante from the White House.
- NBC News’ Lester Holt will anchor coverage of the news conference with Chuck Todd at the White House.
- FOX has the option of taking the press conference. It’s up to the market whether to take it or not. Mike Emanuel will be the White House correspondent for FOX, and Jon Scott will be the anchor.
> Update: First question goes to Associated Press’ Ben Feller. Second question goes to the second row and Bloomberg’s Julianna Goldman. The third question goes to NBC’s Chuck Todd. Then Scott Horsley of NPR asked the next question. Then Marc Ambinder of the National Journal and CBS News asked the next. The last question went to Jonathan Wesman of The Wall Street Journal.
See Obama on all of the networks after the jump…
- Which of President Obama's 2012 Election Interviews Was the Toughest?
- President Obama Takes Questions From White House Briefing Room
- BuzzFeed: Networks Rejected White House Request For Primetime Press Conference
- Megyn Kelly Interviews Chris Christie