“I often feel like I’m stating the obvious,” she says. “It can’t just be ‘Campbell Brown thinks blah blah.’ It needs to be the elephant in the room. Sadly, journalism doesn’t always state the obvious.”
CNN/U.S. president Jon Klein sees a difference between what Brown is doing and her competition at the prime time hour. “So much coverage can be overwrought and overthought, and here’s Campbell just blowing the referee’s whistle, saying ‘Wait a second,’” says Klein. “Truth doesn’t have to be accompanied by histrionics, by foaming at the mouth.”
• Related: TVNewser Live Chat, with Campbell Brown
Click continued to see last night’s Brown commentary, urging the candidates to release more medical information…
Embedded video from CNN Video
- Q3 2014 Ratings: CNN #2 in Primetime, Total Day
- CNNgo Launches: 'There is Nothing Else Quite Like this in the Marketplace Today'
- CBS Speaks With ISIS Enemies; CNN With ISIS Member/Defector
- Brian Stelter: Fareed Zakaria's Program Made 'Some Attribution Mistakes'