“Good Morning. We’ve been sold.”
That’s how Meredith Vieira opened the Today show this morning with the news that General Electric had signed an agreement to sell control of NBC Universal to Comcast. NBCU head honcho Jeff Zucker will hold a town hall meeting for employees at 1pmET, answering questions about what the sale means to them.
CNBC’s David Faber, who’s been covering the story from the start, got the first interview with the CEOs of both GE and Comcast.
• Today’s mediabistro.com Morning Newsfeed has a round-up of the write-ups.
Click here to receive mediabistro.com’s Daily Newsfeed via email.
• Earlier: Dan Rather tells TVNewser what the NBCU-Comcast deal might mean for NBC News…
- Savannah Guthrie to 'Girls' Star: 'Spoiler Alert, I'm Not' Willing to Bare All for Show Part
- Tom Brokaw: 'Very Pleased' With the Progress of Cancer Treatment
- Happy Birthday Willard Scott
- Kerry Sanders Temporarily Blinded After Hours of Live Shots: 'The UV Light Was Slowly Burning My Corneas'