Tapper gets high praise from some other tvnewsers in the profile. “He’s not one of the wussy, blow-dried TV reporters,” says Tucker Carlson, a longtime friend. “He’s definitely savvy and aggressive, in a good way. He’s tough enough to handle network politics.”
And ABC’s Charlie Gibson says: “He’s one of the hungriest reporters I’ve run across.”
Tapper, who says he gets “a lot of heat from the left, which is bizarre,” talked about press bias in the lead up to the presidential election. “Certain networks, newspapers and magazines leaned on the scales a little bit,” he says.
• Earlier: mediabistro.com “So What Do You Do?” Q&A with Tapper.
- Bloomberg Names Leadership for Politics Vertical
- From George Stephanopoulos' Assistant, to EP of 'This Week'
- Bianna Golodryga Leaving 'GMA' for Yahoo!; Paula Faris Promoted to Co-Anchor
- Rob Marciano's 'Passion for Weather' Leads to ABC News