First on TVNewser: American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert won’t be appearing on “Good Morning America” tomorrow.
TVNewser has learned ABC News canceled the concert after Lambert’s sexually charged performance at the American Music Awards Sunday night. Lambert led men on leashes, dragged a woman by her foot, and smashed a man’s head into his crotch, all while singing his new single “For Your Entertainment.”
ABC, which aired the awards show, received about 1,500 phone calls from people complaining about the performance, a number ABC calls “moderate.”
An ABC News spokesperson tells TVNewser, “given his controversial live performance on the AMAs we were concerned about airing a similar concert so early in the morning.”
> Update / 1:13pmET: Almost as quickly as GMA canceled Lambert, the CBS Early Show added him to the lineup. Lambert will discuss the controversial AMA appearance and will perform live tomorrow morning.
> More: PRNewser: Who’ll Face a Bigger PR Storm: Lambert or ABC?
• Click here for more news about TV news…
- Nightline Primetime Loses 'Nightline' Branding, Now Called 'ABC's The Lookout'
- Robin Roberts Writing Memoir
- ABC's 'This Week' Moving Out of the Newseum, Al Jazeera America Moving In
- Broadcasters Plan Extended Evening Newscasts, Special Coverage Of Tornado Aftermath