On January 6, CNN as well as several other news outlets reported correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta was considering taking President Barack Obama up on his offer to become the new Surgeon General. The saga has continued for almost two months, and a new report says it may not be happening.
“A spokeswoman for CNN had no comment on Gupta’s standing, and Farrell said he has not spoken with Gupta personally,” reports Foxnews.com’s Judson Berger.
• Update: It’s confirmed — Gupta will not be Surgeon General.
- The Scoreboard: Saturday, July 26
- July 2014 Ratings: CNN #2 in Total Day, Primetime Demo
- CNN's Karl Penhaul Ducks for Cover as Blasts Go Off During Gaza Live Shots
- Suspect Killed in NYC Shootout Was Featured on John Walsh's CNN Show