On January 6, CNN as well as several other news outlets reported correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta was considering taking President Barack Obama up on his offer to become the new Surgeon General. The saga has continued for almost two months, and a new report says it may not be happening.
“A spokeswoman for CNN had no comment on Gupta’s standing, and Farrell said he has not spoken with Gupta personally,” reports Foxnews.com’s Judson Berger.
• Update: It’s confirmed — Gupta will not be Surgeon General.
- CNN's Jeff Zucker Sends Encouraging Email to Staff
- Antoine Sanfuentes Named CNN Senior Supervising Producer
- Candy Crowley Ends CNN Tenure with President Obama Interview
- CNN Reports Hackers Sent Message to Sony: 'You've Done the Right Thing'