It’s halftime at the president’s health care summit in Washington. As we noted earlier, it’s being carried on a number of cable outlets in various forms. Here are some interesting notes:
- Fox News did not break for a commercial or analysis until the 1pmET lunch break. For comparison: as of 12:30pmET, CNN had taken seven breaks for commercials or analysis and MSNBC had taken five. (corrected)
- CBS’ Bob Schieffer is hosting a special webcast in the lunch hour for Washington Unplugged. (Btw: Happy Birthday, Bob.)
- Politico’s been keeping tabs on the number of minutes that each party has spoken.
- WaPo’s Ezra Klein thinks “no one in America is watching. The real audience is the media who is watching and might be convinced.”
- Lots of tweets coming from the TV White House correspondents at our Twitter list.
More: The summit resumed at 2:02pmET, with CNN and FNC covering. MSNBC is carrying the Olympic Women’s Hockey Bronze Medal Game.
- On Cable, FNC is Most-Watched for Obama Immigration Remarks
- Obama to Heckler: 'I've Been Respectful to You. I Want You to be Respectful to Me'
- As Networks Pass on Immigration Address, Local Stations Produce Special Reports
- Obama Flights to Alex Wagner's Wedding Cost Taxpayers $358,490