KURTZ: Before we go to break, author Bernard Goldberg was scheduled to appear on this program to talk about his new book on media bias – until Friday, when he abruptly canceled, without explanation, even though his people had approached us.
Now, I assume Bernie respects my work. His book, about the press supposedly being in the tank for Barack Obama, quotes me and my articles several times. There it is. He’s been out flogging the thing with Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, Lou Dobbs – people who agree with him. Do you think, maybe, he doesn’t want to leave his pals and face some skeptical questioning? Come on, Bernie, we’ll have a good debate on this issue, one-on-one, without bias. You’re welcome here anytime.
• Earlier on TVNewser: Bernie Goldberg: “The Mainstream Media has Finally Jumped the Shark”
- CNN's Bill Weir: Reporting Around the World, In Part, For His Daughter
- 'It's Outrageous': Critic Says CNN's Van Jones Had No Place 'On the Streets' in Ferguson
- WaPo Reporter Calls Don Lemon 'Aggressively Subjective CNN Polemicist'
- CNN's Don Lemon, In Gas Mask, Overcome in Ferguson