KURTZ: Before we go to break, author Bernard Goldberg was scheduled to appear on this program to talk about his new book on media bias – until Friday, when he abruptly canceled, without explanation, even though his people had approached us.
Now, I assume Bernie respects my work. His book, about the press supposedly being in the tank for Barack Obama, quotes me and my articles several times. There it is. He’s been out flogging the thing with Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, Lou Dobbs – people who agree with him. Do you think, maybe, he doesn’t want to leave his pals and face some skeptical questioning? Come on, Bernie, we’ll have a good debate on this issue, one-on-one, without bias. You’re welcome here anytime.
• Earlier on TVNewser: Bernie Goldberg: “The Mainstream Media has Finally Jumped the Shark”
- Mike Rowe: 'Somebody's Gotta Do It,' Isn't Another 'Dirty Jobs'
- Q3 2014 Ratings: CNN #2 in Primetime, Total Day
- CNNgo Launches: 'There is Nothing Else Quite Like this in the Marketplace Today'
- CBS Speaks With ISIS Enemies; CNN With ISIS Member/Defector