On Wednesday’s Hardball with Chris Matthews, Walsh was critical of O’Reilly and seemed to connect him to the murder of Dr. George Tiller. “When Bill O’Reilly goes on TV every night and calls Dr. Tiller a baby killer and a Nazi and a Mengele, and shows where he works, why do we put up with that?” she asked. “Why is that entertainment in our culture? It’s demonizing a private citizen for doing a lawful job? Why are people doing that? Why is that acceptable?” (She expanded on this in a blog post.)
Last night O’Reilly called Walsh “one of the most extreme” critics of him for “telling the truth about Dr. Tiller.”
He also invited Walsh on the FNC show — and she accepted. On Twitter, she asked for advice. “I plan on being calm, smart, kind and well-prepared,” said Walsh.
• O’Reilly also mentioned the museum shooting several times last night (it was not brought up on Hannity or On The Record), in one instance saying, “By the way, for you far left loons out there, here’s something very interesting. You know the guy who murdered the security guard at the Holocaust Museum, has me listed on his Website as a bad guy.”
> Update: The interview is taped, and Walsh tells us on Twitter: “He told me ‘you have blood on your hands.’”
Click continued to see the O’Reilly segment discussing Walsh and more last night…
- Ebola Arrives in New York; Cable News Clears the Decks for Rolling Coverage
- Geraldo Rivera: The 'Real Threat' Comes From 'The Great White North'
- 'I'm Trying to Think of a Stronger Word Than Atrocious'
- In Profile: Chris Jansing, Megyn Kelly, Alicia Menendez, Stephanie Ruhle