Tonight’s Larry King Live “Haiti: How You Can Help” special raised $5 million for UNICEF and the American Red Cross, including $1,000 for the suspenders King was wearing. Actor Jared Leto had the winning bid for those.
The suspender suspense was begun by Ryan Seacrest with several celebs bidding. P Diddy followed suit and auctioned off his sunglasses. Paula Abdul brought a copy of “Michael Jackson OPUS” and auctioned it off for Haiti relief. At last check, the bid was $7,500.
• Earlier: Larry King 2-hour Special Guest List
> Update: Total raised from 8pm-MidnightET – $7,281,941.
> Final Update: UNICEF kept their phone lines open until 5amET, the Red Cross until 8amET. Total for both organizations – $8,944,956.
- CNN's Jeff Zucker Sends Encouraging Email to Staff
- Antoine Sanfuentes Named CNN Senior Supervising Producer
- Candy Crowley Ends CNN Tenure with President Obama Interview
- CNN Reports Hackers Sent Message to Sony: 'You've Done the Right Thing'