“I’ve never seen him do an interview but it will be interesting to watch how it unfolds,” Couric told THR at Friday’s “Stand Up to Cancer” telethon.
“I’m a real student of interviewing, so I will be intrigued to see how he peels the layers off the onion.”
And what about her own future with CBS?
Couric tells THR she “has no plans” to step down as anchor of the “CBS Evening News.”
“I love my job,” she says. “I feel my interests are more than satisfied at the moment. It’s a very demanding job to do every night, but I love it.”
• Related: 18.3 Million Watch ‘Stand Up to Cancer’
- James Brown: 'I Challenge the NFL Community and All Men' to Confront Domestic Violence
- Steve Capus: Not in Scott Pelley's 'DNA' to Simply Show Up and 'Have Presence'
- With Ray Rice News, James Brown and Scott Pelley Kick-Off Thursday Night Football
- Steve Capus: 'I'm Very, Very Happy To Have This Be My Professional Home These Days'