“I’ve never seen him do an interview but it will be interesting to watch how it unfolds,” Couric told THR at Friday’s “Stand Up to Cancer” telethon.
“I’m a real student of interviewing, so I will be intrigued to see how he peels the layers off the onion.”
And what about her own future with CBS?
Couric tells THR she “has no plans” to step down as anchor of the “CBS Evening News.”
“I love my job,” she says. “I feel my interests are more than satisfied at the moment. It’s a very demanding job to do every night, but I love it.”
• Related: 18.3 Million Watch ‘Stand Up to Cancer’
- 'With All the Trash on TV These Days the Quality of War Coverage is Astonishing'
- Robin Roberts Tells David Letterman: 'I'm Healthier and Happier Than I've Ever Been'
- Sharyl Attkisson: 'Unstoppable' Forces Halted CBS Reporting; Network Responds
- Jim McGlinchy Serving as Interim Executive Producer of 'CBS Evening News'