Marketwatch.com’s Jon Friedman had lunch recently with CNN/U.S. EVP Ken Jautz, now 18 months into his tenure at the top of the cable news network. “He has one of the most delicate balancing acts in all of the media,” Friedman writes, “by serving his corporate bosses while leading his thousands of CNN network and online troops.” The takeaway on some of CNN’s biggest names:
- Anderson Cooper, CNN’s biggest star, has made progress in establishing himself as a global presence on news stories and is unruffled by media naysayers who wonder why he doesn’t get higher ratings, considering how high profile he is. Jautz said he is “pleased” with Cooper’s growth.
- Erin Burnett, who left CNBC last year to take over a CNN news show at 7 p.m., is gaining traction as a tough interviewer. “She’s doing great,” he said.
- Why CNN Chose Not To Show Latest ISIS Video
- Best of Behind the TV Scenes: Nash, Xu, O'Hearn, Capus, Schreier
- CNN Responds to Reese Schonfeld's 'Cratering News Network' Criticism
- Kate Bolduan About to Experience the Ultimate New Day