Sievers was one of Ted Koppel‘s executive producers at Nightline, and later moved with Koppel to the Discovery Channel where he oversaw the 2007 documentary “Our Children’s Children’s War,” which aired in March 2007. Sievers, along with Lance Armstrong and Elizabeth Edwards, was prominently featured in Koppel’s “Living with Cancer” broadcast, which aired on Discovery in May, 2007.
Sievers was first diagnosed with colon cancer in 2006. By June of this year it had spread to his brain, shoulder blades, liver, pelvis and lungs.
• Related: ABCNews.com, The “Heart of Nightline”
- Dr. Drew on Media Coverage of Depression: 'Stop Thinking About It As a Sensitive Topic'
- Shepard Smith Explains Use of the Word 'Coward' During Robin Williams Coverage
- Robin Williams Dead at Age 63
- Longtime CBS News Political Editor Dotty Lynch Dies