The LATimes writes up Pres. Obama’s LGBT fundraiser in Los Angeles last night attended by about 600 supporters including Ellen DeGeneres, Cher and her son Chaz Bono. Another boldface name in the crowd: CBS Corp. CEO and chairman Les Moonves and his wife, “The Talk” co-host Julie Chen, who, in the past, anchored CBS News’s “The Early Show.”
Before the event began, a long line of partygoers waited on the sidewalk outside the hotel to check in. CBS chief Les Moonves and his wife, Julie Chen, waited patiently for their wristbands. Obama, Moonves said, “has shown great leadership” on the issue of gay marriage.
Though he heads a news division, Moonves said, “ultimately journalism has changed … partisanship is very much a part of journalism now.”
He hastened to add that despite his presence, “I run a news division. I’ve given no money to any candidate.”
Wonder how this is going over in the CBS Newsroom. We’ve got a call in to find out.
- Related: FishbowlDC: Did POTUS Really Make a BJ Joke?
- Best of Behind the TV Scenes: Nash, Xu, O'Hearn, Capus, Schreier
- '48 Hours' Gives True Crime Junkies Their Fix
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: 'These Activities Must be Condemned and Stopped'
- Riccie Johnson, Making '60 Minutes' Look Good Since 1968