The attorneys for both David Letterman (Daniel Horwitz) and Joe Halderman (Gerald Shargel) appeared together this morning on ABC’s “Good Morning America” with Chris Cuomo, CBS’ “The Early Show” with Maggie Rodriguez, and NBC’s “Today” show with Meredith Vieira. Halderman’s first hearing was yesterday.
We can now add “attorneys making opening arguments on network morning shows” to the list of strange things in this case.
The segments are pretty similar, but two points stand out:
• Letterman’s attorney said of his client, “He is absolutely prepared to testify and will answer all questions.”
• Halderman’s attorney says his client is not looking for a plea deal, but is instead looking to get the case dismissed. “If it doesn’t happen,” he said, “The next thing that’s going to happen is a trial.”
- NABJ President Blasts Bill Cosby: 'Black People Happen to Be Reporters'
- Former ‘Friends’ on Sony Email Scandal
- In 2014, Canadian Media Ran 229% More Weather Stories Than Other Countries
- Australian 'Today' Anchor's Same-Suit Stunt Boosts Ratings