• On whether there are still hurdles facing women in the TV news industry: “Yeah. It is a constant battle to be taken seriously. I’m talking about the viewers who write in about my hair or my weight. The problem is our society, our viewers. I would look at our viewers and start there with misogyny.”
• On finding a good fit as co-host of Morning Joe: “On our show, I found an outlet where I can be a little imperfect and a little bitter — but be a little smart, too. I used to have to hide.”
• In response to Clurman’s question, “Are you offended when the MSNBC guys talk about how hot you are?”, Brzezinski answers, “If I ever thought [they were] serious, I’d be the first person down in human resources. And I’m not that hot. I’m a 42-year-old Westchester housewife.”
- Network Coverage Plans for President Obama's ISIS Address
- Joe Scarborough Named NBC News Senior Political Analyst, 'Meet the Press' Contributor
- What's More Humbling: Hosting Your First 'Meet the Press,' or Watching the Packers Lose?
- August 2014 Ratings: MSNBC Up in Primetime, Down in Total Day During Busy News Month