A year ago ABC’s “Good Morning America” was rapidly gaining on NBC’s “Today” show which had held the crown of morning show leader for more than 16 years.
For the week of April 1, “GMA” wins in both total viewers and younger viewer and is up +8 in viewers and up +7 in the demo. The biggest gainer of the week is “CBS This Morning” which is up +13% in viewers and flat in the demo. “Today” is down -9% / -11%, respectively, vs. last year.
The averages for the week of April 1, 2013:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 5.338M / NBC: 4.636M / CBS: 2.787M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.952M / NBC: 1.889M / CBS: 1.011M
- 'CBS Sunday Morning' Has Best Season in More Than 25 Years
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of Sept. 15 & Q3 2014
- 'Good Morning America' Wins Second Straight Season
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of Sept. 8