The morning show ratings race begins 2013 with a split. “Good Morning America” takes a win in total viewers while NBC’s “Today” wins in younger viewers, its first in 7 weeks.
But #3 “CBS This Morning” showed the most growth year-over-year, up +15% in total viewers and up +5% in younger viewers compared to the former “Early Show” which was in its final week.
“GMA” was up +3% in total viewers and down -3% in younger viewers, while “Today” is down double digits: -13% / -20%.
Because of New Year’s, each program’s averages are based on 3 days (Wed-Fri).
The averages for the week of December 31, 2012:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 4.814M / NBC: 4.572M / CBS: 2.535M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.778M / NBC: 1.899M / CBS: 932K
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of February 24 and February, 2014 Sweeps
- Weekend Morning Show Ratings: February Sweeps
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of February 17
- Back from Sochi, 'Today' Drops Behind 'GMA'