It’s been six months since “Good Morning America” broke the “Today” show’s 16-year winning streak. And for “GMA” the wins keep coming. The week also marked the start of the 2012-13 ratings season in which the ABC morning show had its first premiere week win in 20 years.
“GMA” also had its widest lead in younger viewers in more than 18 years.
Compared to the same week last year “GMA” is up +6% in total viewers and up +4% in younger viewers while “Today” is down -18% in total viewers and down -29% in younger viewers. “CBS This Morning” was flat among total viewers and down -4% in the A25-54 demo.
The averages for the week of September 24:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 4.957M / NBC: 4.149M / CBS: 2.526M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.937M / NBC: 1.683M / CBS: 932K
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of August 4
- What Time Do the Morning Show Anchors Wake Up?
- 'Reclaiming the Morning Television Crown is Nothing Short of a Mania Inside NBCUniversal'
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of July 28 and July 2014 Sweeps