A TVNewser emailer spotted one-time MSNBC anchor and Today show fill-in Melissa Stark anchoring an NBC Sports update yesterday. Stark, it turns out, is continuing her on again-off again role with NBC. She will be back on MSNBC serving as host for the network’s Olympics coverage. The competition on MSNBC includes softball, soccer, beach volleyball, wrestling, basketball, volleyball and weightlifting. Stark was the speed skating reporter during NBC’s coverage of the 2006 Torino Games and the swimming and diving reporter at the 2004 Athens Games.
Other NBC News names called up to report for NBC Olympics include Lester Holt who will be a correspondent for the Opening Ceremony and will serve as a reporter on the sports desk. Correspondent Peter Alexander and chief medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman will also report for NBC Olympics.
• Related: AP: News Presence at Beijing is NBC, the Rest…
- After Sochi, 'Today' Looks to Keep Up Olympic Momentum
- Bob Costas Talks of Brutality in Ukraine Amid 'Vladimir Putin's Games'
- Matt Lauer Teases Bob Costas' Travel Plans: 'You Taking The Red-Eye?'
- During CNBC Interview, Hockey Star Learns She'll Be U.S. Flag-Bearer at Sochi Closing